• Serve as a foster parent for rescued animals - FHSTJ does not have sufficient resources to run
a shelter and depends on volunteers to shelter and foster animals until they are ready for
• There are many ways to fund raise for the animals of Tijuana and here are some suggestions:
There are several ways to hold a "virtual" donation drive. For instance, you can fund raise on
Facebook. Join FHSTJ's cause page and get your Facebook friends to make donations directly
You can also create a virtual fund-raiser through the Stay Classy site here:
And, encouraging people to sign up to pledge $5 a month by joining the rescue 400 club is a
huge help http://www.friendsofhstj.org/becomeasponsor.html.
We have also partnered with the grocery store Ralphs, if people register their Ralphs card to
benefit FHSTJ, a percentage of their grocery bills will be donated to us. Just follow the
instructions here: http://www.friendsofhstj.org/registeryourshoppingcards.html
Do you have any other ideas, or are you involved with a group of people that might be
interested in organizing a car wash or party to raise money? We welcome new and creative
volunteers that are willing to help the animals in any way possible. If you are interested in
helping fund raise
please email us at: Friendsofhstj.gmail.com
• Assist with pick up of donations, supplies, and pet food.
• Solicit gift certificates and donations from local businesses to be used as prizes at fund raising
• We need help with new, unopened and unexpired pet food. Pet food is distributed at most
events, not only to those with limited resources who bring their pets but also to volunteers that
foster animals in need.
For more information about making a donation or becoming a volunteer: call 619-300-3484 or
email us at Friendsofhstj@gmail.com
Please click on an image below for a larger picture.