Assume an active role in helping the animals!
WE ARE IN DESPERATE NEED OF YOUR HELP!
We are in desperate need of Foster families. Please contact Vicky Godoy at: 619 733 1512 or you can email her at [email protected].
FHSTJ is a volunteer organization and receives no financial support from the government. All members, including the board of directors, receive no monetary or other type of compensation. Without volunteers, FHSTJ could not function. Volunteers share a common bond of love and respect for animals. Each dedicates time and energy according to their individual abilities and resources. There is a variety of tasks for volunteers to perform and each task is important to the successful operation of the organization and every animal that it helps. You can save an animal from misery and give it a chance for life! We are few in number, but get spectacular results.
- Be an ambassador for FHSTJ and send this information on to good people like
yourself and who are genuinely concerned about animals.
- Serve as a foster parent for rescued animals – FHSTJ does not have sufficient resources to run a shelter and depends on volunteers to shelter and foster animals until they are ready for adoption.
- There are many ways to fund raise for the animals of Tijuana and here are some examples:
There are several ways to hold a “virtual” donation drive. For instance, you can fund raise on Facebook. Join FHSTJ’s cause page and get your Facebook friends to make donations directly through Facebook. You can also create a virtual fund-raiser through the Stay Classy site (CLICK HERE) and, encouraging people to sign up for a monthly pledge is a huge help.
We have also partnered Ralphs grocery stores. If people register their Ralphs card to benefit FHSTJ, a percentage of their grocery bills will be donated to us. Just follow the instructions HERE.
Do you have any other ideas, or are you involved with a group of people that might be interested in organizing a car wash or party to raise money? We welcome new and creative volunteers that are willing to help the animals in any way possible. If you are interested in helping fund raise please email us, click HERE.
- Solicit gift certificates and donations from local businesses to be used as thank you gifts at fund raising events.
- We need help with new, unopened and unexpired pet food. Pet food is distributed at most events, not only to those with limited resources who bring their pets but also to volunteers that foster animals in need.
For more information about making a donation or becoming a volunteer, please CLICK HERE
We will respond ASAP.
FHSTJ currently supports four grassroots organizations doing rescues, spay and neuter, adoptions, animal health street events, and public education.
These groups could not serve a large numbers of animals without FHSTJ support. The animals they help come from the poorest neighborhoods in the Tijuana area. The majority of volunteers in these organizations live very modestly and yet they share their limited resources with the animals in need. Please consider making a donation. They rely on FHSTJ in order to flourish. Remember, your donations are tax deductible.